2005-05-21

Day 5 - A little more Arab. Str.

  Back now. Got a lot of photos to finish. I hope this time I do it all finally. Sorry, I still hold quite some good Europe pictures never organized. It really needs a lot of time. And my problem is, always pick out too many, don't want to give up any of them.
  Actually the previous days, not all photos worth to upload. I am just so excited and seems I can only describe the city with more more pictures.
  But quite of them not as nice as it could be, I know. And I found if that day I didn't intend to take a lot of shots for a place, the quality will be better. Maybe too easy digital shots cut off the necessary considerate time. Also when I was in Paris with limited memory, also less fault.
  This time, on Day 5, as Arab Str. is just a passby, I got much better result. Better than I expected.
  
  The other question is, when day 2 I took photo for the yellow flower and water pipe, I suddenly realized, yes, it is a nice photo, but... what is it good for? I mean, it is a platitude. Such image just a recall of my postcard colletion in early years. Actually it is empty, nothing in.
  This makes me think of the O'Keeffe portraits and other photos discussed before. It is a high high place to go, maybe never ever will reach.
  The question puzzles me. Maybe, I don't see things in, how can I show it? And the fact is, I really can't see them now. Need time.




The Arabian shops. They sell color glass lamps


I like these shops. All interesting items spread in the room, it is more like a comfortable homeplace than a shop. Leisure, pick up as you like in the narrow shop room.
This pic is blured, hand shakes. But I like the atmosphere, not sharp, soft lights. Just like step into Solomon's treasure, or Alibaba's secret cave, of course the items are not shining dimonds, :)


A black cat on Arab Str.


A Friday afternoon in tropic 1
Firstly I like the wall fissure and strong tree shaddow. After take the single door in, perfect. It's the hot hot sunshine.


A Friday afternoon in tropic 2


  
---------------

  Hey lk, these pictures are great! The last two with the tree shadows have a very interesting light & atmosphere.
  
  Right now, after I've come back from Berlin, I've got the problem of too many pictures but few of them with real content (or atmosphere, inspiration or whatever). I would have needed two or three more days on my own to capture the spirit of the town and make pictures worth to show.
  
  Denise
  
  
  
评论人:dropin 评论日期:2005-5-22 0:11


  :)
  Nice to see you back. Don't forget to take a good rest after travel.

More:
Dusk the other day


Restaurant with lanterns turn on


lights


Lantern


sky over daily life


The dusk


Arab Str.
评论人:乱看 评论日期:2005-5-22 14:26

No comments:

Post a Comment