2006-10-19

Kalsplatz at Night

  I think this photo is important:
  
  
  For me, it is an imitation of Brassai's Gutter (in Night Paris)
  
  
  Well, they are different.
  Especially the image quality... I just wonder how he made it? So sharp even at night light? Mine actually is terrible, this version is after PS, this time only adjust level can't help, I have to adjust curve... This is the exact point I begin to blame my camera. :P
  The other important difference is, for Brassai's picture, each person involved exactly knew they were part of an art at the moment.

-----------------------

   believe me, working in the darkroom is not that different from PS. you almost always trick the curve, and very often that's not enough.
  compared to darkroom techniques, using PS is straightforward and simple. don't complain about curve adjusting - do it!
  don't blame your camera - blame your idleness!
  talking of idleness ... i need to blame myself as well :-P
  lazy sebastian.
评论人:dropin 评论日期:2006-10-20 22:51


  Actually I found something interesting for me in your picture other than his. His is pretty calm and yours is like wild and mysterious (I'm really wondering whether the end of the trail is the door to another world); and yours trails look nice (hard and sharp and cold). It seems to me that those lights and vagueness and maybe the tiltness (is this the right word?...) might contribute to the negative feeling about the picture.
评论人:ataloss 评论日期:2006-10-21 3:06


  i tried to turn it upright, at the same time cropping a little to imitate brassai's lines ... it does not work.
  the tilt actually gives the picture its undetermined wildness!
  sebastian
评论人:dropin 评论日期:2006-10-22 2:56


  Good to know darkroom tech is similar like PS. And I am so relieved when thinking of all great photos are the same dark nonsense as mine in the very beginning. :D
   Actually I am thinking a lot about lose details. Yes, actually the major difference is, Brassai's more calm. But at that time, I feel bad about details. I can't make it. I can't make out more details with PS.
  And my original idea about this photo is more cool, there are some backside silhetto at the lightening gate. Well, hard.
   When I see the rails, I instantly think of Brassai. Later when find out this photo, I realize actually I only remember the curb curve, the very impressive rainy S. I forget the image tone, the main scene, maybe almost everything, except the rainy S.
  
评论人:乱看 评论日期:2006-10-24 10:48

  

No comments:

Post a Comment